Phone: 586-6333 x6701
This class will focus on the aspects of American and World theater.
- Please help make sure that there is no gum, food, make-up or drinks in the auditorium or classroom.
- Attendance -- you must be here every day. Roles are subject to recasting if you are absent.
- Late work -- you need to turn in a hard copy to me on the day it is due. I will not accept emailed papers.
- Tardiness -- Class begins when the bell rings. You need to be in your seat when the bell rings. Be ready to work.
- During class, you cannot do homework for oher classes. If you don't have anything to do, ask me and I will find something. You will be docked points for doing homework in class.
- Participate in class projects
- Participate in both shows
We go to two festivals during the year. You need to audition to go to the festivals. If you are not prepared, you will not make the list of people going. Audition dates will be posted on the callboard. Please check everyday!
ADVANCED DRAMA PORTFOLIO
This is a requirement for the course. It should be kept in a three ring binder.
This is the first page. It should be typed and kept up to date. Include your photo as well. Always be ready for an audition! (30 points)
Every Wednesday, we will be learning a theory, discussing a play, or some other lesson. THIS IS NOT A REHEARSAL DAY EXCEPT DURING THE DRESS WEEK! We will be reading plays from your textbook. Each month I will assign the play and you will take a test on this play. Notes that we take need to be kept in your binder.
Three (3) typed reviews per semester of local productions due two weeks after the plays were seen. Include the program and ticket stub. Do not review church plays or elementary, intermediate school plays. You cannot email these, they must be typed and handed in.(100 Points Each)
Two (2) Written Play reviews on plays that you have read during the semester. They cannot be plays read in English Class or the plays that we are performing. If you are in Drama 3 American, Drama 4/5 World theatre. (Non-American) (50 points)
THEATER PRODUCTION AND PERFORMANCE (1800 Points)
Technical theatre projects or assignments are required and include publicity, props, stage management, crew, sound costumes, and box office. Everyone must participate in the set building.
THE FALL SHOW IS NOV. 16-19. YOU ARE REQUIRED TO BE AT ALL PERFORMANCES. WE ARE ALSO HAVING ONE DAY AFTERSCHOOL EVERY WEEK FOR EACH SHOW THIS SEMESTER. DAYS WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE FIRST FULL WEEK OF SCHOOL.