Phone: 586-6333 x6701
This class examines aspects of the theatre including an in-depth look at the history of theatre. It gives the student the opportunity to develop his/her artistic ability through the attainment of intermediate acting techniques.
- Learn different acting styles
- Develop an understanding of theatre history
- Perform in a show
- See two plays/musicals and write a review of the performance. You cannot pass the course without this. NO EMAILED REVIEWS ARE ACCEPTED!
- Do an acting oral report
- Read a play from the play list each month and write a summary
- NO gum, food, make-up or drinks are allowed in class. This will count against your grade
- I adhere to a strict tardy policy. Please review the school’s policy for more information.
ACTING ORAL REPORT
During the semester, each of you will do a 3-5 minute report on an aspect of theatre history. You may use your textbook and various supplemental materials. Try to be creative.
Every assignment is weighted. The scale is outlined in this packet. This means that EVERY GRADE COUNTS. You must participate in all exercises and assignments. PERFORMANCE IS MANDATORY!!!
Presentations / Performances: 30%
Participation / Oral Report: 30%