Phone: 586-6333 x6701
This class will explore all aspects of theatre. You will get daily points for participation. EVERYONE MUST PARTICIPATE TO EARN THE CREDITS IN THIS CLASS!!!
- Developing your acting skills
- Learn technical application
- Memorize monologues and scenes
- Perform in a showcase
- See two plays/musicals per semester and write a review. You cannot pass the course without this.
- Participation in classwork
- Once a month play review
- Participation in Spring Showcase
- NO gum, food, make-up or drinks are allowed in class. This will count against your grade. (10 points each time)
- All actors must supply their own stage makeup for the Showcase.
- I adhere to a strict tardy policy. Please review the school’s policy
Participation / Performances: 60%
I DO NOT ACCEPT LATE WORK. If you have an excused absence, I will take the work the day you return!
Extra theatre reviews of productions are the only extra credit that I accept. Make sure that the ticket stub or program is stapled to your typed review.
LIVE PERFORMANCE REVIEW (download)
This is the format for doing the review on the play that you see and any extra credit. IT IS A REQUIREMENT TO SEE ONE PLAY BEFORE THE END OF THE SEMESTER!! YOU CANNOT EMAIL THIS. I MUST HAVE IT TYPED WITH PROGRAM/TICKET FOR CREDIT.
- A summary of the play. What is the play about? Where does the play take place? Who are the main characters?
- What conventions of the theatre are used? Ex. Curtains, spotlights, costumes, breaking the fourth wall, etc.
- What technical aspects enhance or take away from the performance? Are there any special effects used?
- Which character did you like the best? Why? What was it about the actor’s performance that you liked/disliked? Did they create a believable character? How?
- Overall rating of the play. Make sure you include a scale of good to poor.
Each one of these points should be about 6-8 sentences in length. If there are other elements you want to discuss in the play, feel free to add them. Your ticket stub or program must be with the review in order to get credit.
When picking a scene, these rules must be followed:
NO swearing, smoking, or sexual innuendo or situations.
The instructor must approve ALL scenes
NO movie or television scenes. This is a theatre class.
PLAY OF THE MONTH GUIDELINES
- Summary of the Play, where, when what, why, how.
- What are the set/prop requirements?
- What genre is it and how does it fit that genre?
- Could you do it at ETHS and why/why not?
Each area should be a paragraph and TYPED ONLY.